Buy, Sell, Trade Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy, Sell, Trade Online

A forum for those who like to buy, sell and trade online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

my experience on ebay

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Edie

my experience on ebay Empty
PostSubject: my experience on ebay   my experience on ebay I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 9:05 pm

I mentioned in the chat (in the auction room on Tophatter) that I had once sold dirt on ebay.. back in the day.
Then I said I would tell the story of it here... so here goes.. hope I do not bore anyone too badly. heh

I had just joined ebay, and was amazed at what people could sell on there, even more amazed at what people could buy. Of course... being a chatterbox, I quickly found the chat room, and started getting to know people...
Well one day we all started discussing how almost anything sells on ebay, and I said.. I probably could sell dirt... which then lead to a challenge... for me to try selling dirt.

So... I took a tiny little vial... (imagine.. about the same size as a lipbalm tube, maybe a tad smaller)... and went outside and scooped up some good old fashioned dirt... and filled that little vial.
I then went to my trusty little digital camera (that I purchased off of ebay by the way LOL) and took a picture of that little vial of dirt... and set forth to create a listing...

At the time, I was living in West Palm Beach Fl. I created a listing describing how this soil was as old as the planet and possibly even dinosaurs had walked upon it. (who knows, they may have)... I was rather wordy and wish I had saved that auction listing, it was rather clever.

Well I ran the auction, it got bids, and it sold for $15 plus shipping... I never did run another auction thought.

Ebay is not what it used to be... but.. just as life changes, so do the things around us.

Here is a feedback I got back when I sold the dirt..
"Anyone with the audacity to sell soil deserves positive feedback.. love it! LOL"

(which was back in '99 by the way... wow where have the years gone)...

I hope you enjoyed my little story... and... don't be surprised by anything you might see me list for sale hehehe
Back to top Go down
cricket

PostSubject: Re: my experience on ebay   my experience on ebay I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 23, 2012 8:50 pm

LOL, that is helarious, thank you for sharing!! Love it!

And your right about used to be able to sell anything. Here are just a few things I've listed and sold or not!

A rock that looks like a vagina! Yep, I said it! LOL. This however, didn't sell. but it got lots of views. And made it on several diffrent websites!

A shoe made of money. (pennies)

A painted potatoe, which rotted before it made it to the person who bought it! LOL

A used pair of sneakers I painted skulls on!

A pregnant doll I made.

Another doll I made that was shooting a bird! LOL

And a couple of painted sticks! lol, yep sticks from the outside tree!
Back to top Go down
Edie

PostSubject: Re: my experience on ebay   my experience on ebay I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 24, 2012 1:04 am

LOL too funny

ebay is not what it used to be....
sometimes I feel TH is not what it used to be, and it is still so very young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my experience on ebay   my experience on ebay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my experience on ebay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Buy, Sell, Trade Online :: General Discussions :: General Chat-
Jump to: